Sunday, March 21, 2010

What a Perfect Day!

Everyone has told me life as the SO to a pilot would be hard. Is it really worth it to go at least half the time alone without him and have just a few days before you have to let him go again? Can I handle living alone a lot, dealing with the issues that come up, one day being home with the kids alone while he's away? I can't answer these questions for everyone, everyone I've talked to has different answers. All I know is after 5 weeks away from Erik I have my answer. I'm sitting in my dark room with Cali on one side and Erik sleeping beside me on the other with Goober perched over his back staring at me, and I couldn't be happier. I know it will be worth it. We made it through our first 5 weeks apart and both of us agree it was hard but went by relatively quick and was better than we expected. Sure there are going to be bad days but he is worth it. I can't wait to graduate and move out with him and spend my life with him. We can do this. I know we'll be a great pilot and pilot's girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment