Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stronger than I could ever imagine...

I've learned a lot about myself in the past month. On Monday it will be exactly a month since Erik left, we haven't spoken on the phone once but I feel like we are stronger and handling the situation better than most and MUCH better than we ever anticipated. We are able to rely on each other and support each other and be able to get what we need to done. We've never been the typical couple and seem to do every backwards but it fits us. Before he left I was really worried about how it would effect us. I had fears of us growing apart, about all the things that could come up and I was afraid that it might be too rough for us. Luckily for me I had my break down when he was here and he reassured me that we were different and could do this. He was right. He's the one for me and even though some days are rough I have no doubts. Distance has made the heart grow fonder and the relationship stronger. I am proud that through what was supposed to be the hardest part of his career for the year, maybe year and a half we'll be living apart it has made us stronger and we'll always find a way to make it work. Now I just need to bust my butt to graduate so I can meet him and start the roller coaster that will be our life.

1 comment:

  1. You are a strong woman. Distance truly does make the heart grow fonder. You'll appreciate the little downtimes you used to have, that used to seem boring. Even running errands around town seems fun when Taylor's been gone for a while. Living apart stinks, but it makes the reunions all the more sweet.

    ReplyDelete